Article Comment: SCTCCCA winter meeting tomorrow, itinerary released
01/11/2013 11:10:23 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Somebody please, please, please start winter track in SC!! SC kids finish outdoor season with times equal to NC 1st outdoor meet times and remain behind NC trackster through the summer season which puts SC runners (mainly sprinters) at a disadvantage. At least distance runners have XC to help them prepare for outdoor track season. Polar Bear meets like NC (SC has better weather) and the state meet at Clemson or USC. Seems pretty simple to me!
Somebody please, please, please start winter track in SC!! SC kids finish outdoor season with times equal to NC 1st outdoor meet times and remain behind NC trackster through the summer season which puts SC runners (mainly sprinters) at a disadvantage. At least distance runners have XC to help them prepare for outdoor track season.

Polar Bear meets like NC (SC has better weather) and the state meet at Clemson or USC. Seems pretty simple to me!
01/11/2013 12:50:45 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I would recommend reading this http://sc.milesplit.com/articles/86088-schsl-executive-committee-turns-down-indoor-proposal
I would recommend reading this http://sc.milesplit.com/articles/86088-schsl-executive-committee-turns-down-indoor-proposal
01/11/2013 3:15:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Humm, I wonder if the idea to start a few winter club teams went anywhere. Hopefully, the outrage hasn't died down as another winter season has been missed and another outdoor season will pass with most of the SC tracksters being at a distinguishable disadvantage. Even the rules in regards to track practice seems like they were made with consult of anyone who knows anything about preparing athletes to be competitive in track and field. Allowing for voluntary practice in Nov while then mandating two months off and then allowing coaches only 1 month to prepare kids for the outdoor season is pretty ridiculous. I guess track is not football or baseball, so decision makers don't really care about the sport because it doesn't generate income for the schools/system.
Humm, I wonder if the idea to start a few winter club teams went anywhere.

Hopefully, the outrage hasn't died down as another winter season has been missed and another outdoor season will pass with most of the SC tracksters being at a distinguishable disadvantage.

Even the rules in regards to track practice seems like they were made with consult of anyone who knows anything about preparing athletes to be competitive in track and field. Allowing for voluntary practice in Nov while then mandating two months off and then allowing coaches only 1 month to prepare kids for the outdoor season is pretty ridiculous.

I guess track is not football or baseball, so decision makers don't really care about the sport because it doesn't generate income for the schools/system.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.