MITS Meet #4 @ University of Michigan Coverage
- With his 6.92 clocking in the 55 meter dash, Jordan Love of Novi High School was just off his US #13 season best of 6.89 from last weekend's meet also at University of Michigan. Love would double back later to claim the 200 meter dash in a narrow victory over Oak Park's Maurice Allen (2nd, 22.48) with a 22.47 clocking.
- Pole Vault state leader Noah Gary won yet another competition in the vault, but this time a foot under his season best height of 15'6" with a winning clearance of 14'6" on Thursday evening.
- Three boys went under 10 minutes in the 3200 meter run led by Ann Arbor Pioneer senior Costa Willets with a near indoor PR time of 9:47.75.
- Allyson Goff won the girls 60 meter hurdles easily with a US #8 time of 8.71 for Walled Lake Northern High School senior. Goff also won the long jump with a leap of 17'4.75".
- Sterling Heights Stevenson's Jailah Mason was able to get cleanly over the bar at 5'6" (US #16) in the high jump, which was a two inch improvement for her season opening clearance of 5'4" from the first meet in Ann Arbor on January 3rd.
- Mackenzie Shell of Port Huron Northern is staying consistent at 12 feet this week in the pole vault as she matched her PR performance from earlier in the week at the Eastern Michigan University again on Thursday over the bar at 12'0" (US #20).
- US #5 ranked in the 400 meter dash, Anna Jefferson of Oak Park High School turned in another solid time in the event with a dominant 57.21 victory at U of M.
- Marissa Dobry, a sophomore at Birmingham Seaholm (MI), was able to pull just ahead of Saline (MI) senior Elianna Scwayder (2nd, 11:18.7) for a 11:17.90 victory in the 3200 meter run.
Girls Elite Performances
- 3,200 Meter Run - Marissa Dobry (Unattached - Michigan HS) 11:17.90 SB; Elianna Shwayder (Spirit of Pre) 11:18.70 SB; Hannah Cummings (Spirit of Pre) 11:28.30 SB; Natalie Monroe (Unattached - Michigan HS) 11:31.20 SB; Elisabeth LaPrad (Monroe Milers) 11:41.80 SB; Abby Rentschler (Spirit of Pre) 11:42.90 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Anna Jefferson (Motor City Track Club) 57.21; Carlita Taylor (Motor City Track Club) 58.55; Johnycee Powell (Motor City Track Club) 59.00 SB; Ce'aira Richardson (MM TC) 59.37 SB; Jayla Fleming (Motor City Track Club) 59.51 SB; Kennedy Beazley (Spirit of Pre) 59.54 SB; Davonne Bolden (Elite Performance Track Club) 59.84 SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Ann Arbor Youth TC 1:49.16;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Ally Goff (Elite Performance Track Club) 8.71 SB; Lauren Rodriguez (Unattached - Michigan HS) 9.15 SB;
- High Jump - Jailah Mason (New Breed Track Club) 5-6 SB; Samantha Saikalis (Elite Performance Track Club) 5-4;
- Pole Vault - Mackenzie Shell (Elite Feet) 12-0; Madison Pierce (Elite Performance Track Club) 11-6;
Boys Elite Performances
- 200 Meter Dash - Jordan Love (Unattached - Michigan HS) 22.47 SB; Maurice Allen (Motor City Track Club) 22.48 SB;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Costa Willets (Ann Arbor TC) 9:47.75 SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Motor City Track Club 1:32.75;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Spirit of Pre 8:08.40;
- 60 Meter Dash - Jordan Love (Unattached - Michigan HS) 6.92; Eli Minor (Motor City Track Club) 6.94;
- Pole Vault - Noah Gary (Up & Running) 14-6;
- Shot Put - Kevin Weiler (Unattached - Michigan HS) 55-10 SB;